Terms & ConditionsImportant information about the Network NZ Business Awards
Network NZ Business Awards Terms and Conditions
- The Network NZ Business Awards (“the Awards”) are conducted by Network NZ 2018 Ltd (“NNZ”).
- In these terms and conditions of entry (“the Terms”), unless otherwise stated, a reference to “you” or “your” includes you in your personal capacity and as a representative of the business, including New Zealand incorporated companies, associated with your entry into the Awards.
- By submitting an entry to the Awards:
a) you warrant that you have the capacity to enter the Awards in your personal capacity and/or as agent for the relevant incorporated company if your business is run under a company structure; and
b) you agree to the Terms. Instructions on how to enter the Awards are set out on the Awards website and form part of the Terms. Entry into the Awards is deemed acceptance of the Terms.
- In order to enter the Awards and be eligible to win, you must be a business owner who:
a) is either a New Zealand citizen or has New Zealand residency status;
b) where applicable, fulfils requirement (a) and is a Director of a company incorporated in New Zealand with at least one New Zealand resident shareholder and one New Zealand resident Director;
c) is not an employee or family members of NNZ, or of a Sponsor or of a Judge of the Awards;
d) is the owner or part owner of a business that has been operating for at least 1 year since the date of registration as of 1st May 2019; and
e) submits your entry online at the Network NZ Business Awards website (or my email to email@example.com) by 7:59pm on 31st May 2019.
- NNZ reserves the right to declare any entry ineligible if in its reasonable opinion:
a) an entry is considered to be unable to represent or promote the Awards in a satisfactory manner;
b) you have not complied with the Terms or the entry form is incomplete; or
c) information provided by you is deficient, false or misleading in any way.
- The Awards comprise of the following 7 categories:
• Most Innovative Business
• Excellence in Marketing
• Social Conscious Excellence
• Best Start-up
• Fastest Growth
• Most Outstanding Established Business
• Outstanding Solo Entrepreneur
- The Finalists in each of the 7 Award categories will be eligible to win the People’s Choice Award (decided by 50/50 split public voting and judges’ input).
- The 7 Category Winners will be eligible for the 2019 Network NZ Business of the Year award (Supreme Award).
Promotion and Sponsorship
- If you are a Finalist, you agree to make best efforts to attend the Award presentation event at The Common in Parnell, Auckland at 4pm Friday 28th June 2019.
- If you are an Award Category Winner, you agree to be available for promotional media comment for a reasonable time period following the Awards.
- If you are an Award Category Winner, NNZ or the Sponsors may, subject to your prior approval (not to be unreasonably withheld), use:
a) your personal identity in any advertisement or other material in any media which promotes the Awards or the products or services of NNZ, or the relevant Sponsor; and
b) your business logo, your business identity and your personal identity anywhere in the world in any advertisement or other material in any media which promotes the Awards or the products or services of NNZ, or the Sponsor.
- By entering the Awards you agree to allow NNZ and the Sponsors to contact you to provide comments about the Awards and to take photos or video footage of you (“Materials”). NNZ and the Sponsors may use the Materials for their future promotional and marketing purposes. NNZ may duplicate, alter, adapt and utilise the Materials at anytime, anywhere, and by any means.
- NNZ reserves the right to disqualify or withdraw entries in the event of non-compliance with these Terms.
- If you or your business is involved in any conduct or activity that:
a) is illegal;
b) is fraudulent;
c) may harm the Awards, NNZ, or their name or reputation; or
d) breaches these Terms,NNZ may, in its discretion, withdraw any award and associated prizes that you have received. If requested by NNZ, you agree to no longer publicly promote yourself or your business (if relevant) as being associated with the Awards, NNZ, or the Sponsors.
- The judges’ decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- NNZ accepts no responsibility for entry submissions not received for any reason.
- All entry submissions remain the property of NNZ.
- NNZ in its sole discretion, has the right to alter or cancel part or all of the Awards at any time.
- NNZ will not be liable for and expressly excludes liability to you for any loss, injury or damage which results directly or indirectly from the Awards, including the breach of any third party intellectual property rights.
- Prizes are not transferable or exchangeable and cannot be redeemed for cash.
- NNZ will collect personal information about you in your entry to the Awards, including your name, address and phone number, along with information about your business If such information is not provided, you will not be able to participate in the Awards. By submitting an entry and participating in the Awards, you confirm that you consent, until such time as you withdraw your consent by giving notice to NNZ, to NNZ using, and disclosing your personal information, along with the information about your business to the judges of the Awards and NNZ’s PR agency for the purposes of running, administering and promoting the Awards.
- NNZ has clear judging criteria and detailed procedures in place to ensure absolute fairness and objectivity.
- The decision of the judges is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- Each judge will not take part in assessing any entry where there may be a personal or professional conflict of interest.
- All our judges have volunteered their time to assist with providing an objective assessment of each entry to these awards.
- All entry information and documentation are treated as confidential.
- Judges will be assigned to avoid any potential conflict of interest.
- Entrants do not need to provide proprietary information regarding any products or services.
Voting For People’s Choice
Those who vote in the Network NZ People’s Choice Category agree to the following:
- Voting is free, no purchase is necessary.
- Voting is open to New Zealand residents only who are at least 16 years of age.
- Your email address and first name will be added to the Network NZ 2018 Ltd database to receive promotional communication from Network NZ 2018 Ltd. We value your privacy and your personal information will not be forwarded to any other parties.
- Network NZ 2018 Ltd reserves the right to amend or cancel the Awards and/or these Terms and Conditions at any time.
- Network NZ 2018 Ltd reserves the right verify votes and disqualify incomplete, altered, illegal or illegible votes. No responsibility will be accepted for votes lost or delayed. Early votes or late votes will not be accepted.
- Network NZ 2018 Ltd is not liable for any person’s inability to complete a vote, and no responsibility will be taken for technical, telecommunication or website errors – proof of vote is not proof of receipt.
- Only one vote per person, per IP address unless otherwise stated by Network NZ 2018 Ltd.
- Network NZ 2018 Ltd and approved judge’s decisions are final in all matters and no correspondence will be entered into.
- Prizes cannot be redeemed or exchanged for cash, they must be used by the winning business owner and work started within 6 months of claiming the prize.
- These Awards are not in any way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook.