Outstanding Solo Entrepreneur
One person can achieve great things when they simply have a dream backed by action.
The Outstanding Solo Entrepreneur Award recognises a business which is a Sole Operator (regardless of business structure) which has demonstrated outstanding performance in what they do. This category is for you if you own a business which meets one or more of the following criteria:
- Show a sustainable and scalable business, or
- Can demonstrate work/life balance, or
- Can show plans and systems for sustainable growth
- All category entrants will be asked to provide
- Your full name,
- The Business name
- Contact details (phone, email)
- Website and social media links
- A description of the business and industry, why you started it, and what you offer
- A high res and clear cut version of your logo for promotional purposes
- What is your vision for the business?
- What makes your business unique?
- Do you have a business plan? If so, describe the areas it covers.
- What is your business strategy? Please describe for the following areas, or leave blank if not appropriate:
- Sales & Marketing
- People & Culture
- How are these functions performed in your business? i.e.: Do you outsource, have you developed automated systems & processes etc?
- How do you measure success in your business?
- As a sole operator, there can be a tendency to work longer than usual hours, please outline how you manage this and how you maintain a work/life balance.
- Describe how you plan for managing sustainable future growth.
- Detail the achievements, for example, your sales and/or profit, that your business has made in the last 18 months and what you believe these were a result of.
The maximum word count for each question is 500 words and each question allows you to upload ONE file as supporting evidence. If you have several documents for a particular question, please combine them into one file before uploading it. Acceptable file types are JPEG, PNG PDF and docx and the maximum file size for each upload is 1024Kb.
Some examples of supporting information/documents include sales figures, profit/loss statements, testimonials, social media insights, press releases, meeting notes, company policies, certificates, links to online resources and/or any other metrics you are using to measure your success. You only need to attach financial information if this demonstrates you have achieved financial goals or objectives.