Starting a business takes courage and conviction, and we love that every day there are people starting amazing businesses.
The Best Start-up Award recognises a new business, which has been in operation between 12-24 months, which has demonstrated outstanding performance since their recent conception. This category is for you if you own a business which meets one or more of the following criteria:
- Shows sustainable growth, or
- Can show market validation, or
- Can demonstrate uniqueness in a crowded marketplace, or
- Demonstrate preparation for scaling up to the next level, or
- Has a strong vision and can show how you adhere to it, or
- Demonstrate numbers that show growth
- All category entrants will be asked to provide
- Your full name,
- The Business name
- Contact details (phone, email)
- Website and social media links
- A description of the business and industry, why you started it, and what you offer
- Describe how your business is unique.
- What is your vision for your business and how do you plan to achieve this?
- How did you validate the market before launching your business?
- Detail the achievements and growth of your business, for example your sales and/or profit, customer and staff numbers, in the last 18 months and what you believe these were a result of.
- What challenges have you faced during your start-up phase and how have you overcome these?
- Detail how you are ensuring you achieve sustainable business growth and how you plan to manage this.
The maximum word count for each question is 500 words and each question allows you to upload ONE file as supporting evidence. If you have several documents for a particular question, please combine them into one file before uploading it. Acceptable file types are JPEG, PNG PDF and docx and the maximum file size for each upload is 1024Kb.
Some examples of supporting information/documents include sales figures, profit/loss statements, testimonials, social media insights, press releases, meeting notes, company policies, certificates, links to online resources and/or any other metrics you are using to measure your success. You only need to attach financial information if this demonstrates you have achieved financial goals or objectives.